Saturday, November 26, 2011

To the Kitchen!

This is a blog in transition. After a long break from blogging, I'm back with a new focus. I have decided to wait on getting treatment for CCSVI. I have also stopped the majority of my meds for MS.

In searching for ways to feel better and be healthy, I've discovered the book Minding My Mitochondria by Dr. Terry Wahls. I've adopted the healthy eating plan mentioned in the book, and have been pleasantly surprised at how much better I'm feeling.

I'm back in the kitchen cooking healthy meals, and am excited to share recipes, newly discovered foods (how have I lived 46 years without knowing about kale?) and the improvements I'm seeing in my health.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pam,

    I have had MS some 18 years now (I'm 48). I just ordered Dr. Wahl's book today. I've had trouble sticking with ms diets (swank), but I think it's worth looking into again, after watching her TED video. I'm wondering, do you cook for just yourself, or family too? I have a hubby and two boys, so while hubby is very flexible, I can see it being a bit more difficult with my sons... Cooking two different meals??

    Anyway, it's nice to read you've had some successes! I hope I can say the same thing in a few months. :)

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi HSMom,

    I am cooking for myself and my husband. He is very good about eating everything I cook, although he isn't following the diet per se, and will sometimes cook a meal for himself when he's craving something I don't eat.

    I know of one family who has gone gluten-free & vegan, and that's how the whole family eats... it can be a challenge at times, though.

    Glad you ordered the book, and keep me posted on how you do!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete